The Longwood Fire Company is currently accepting applications for (1) Full-Time Paramedic and (2) Per Diem EMT & (2) Per Diem Paramedic positions until 5/24/2017. The Longwood Fire Company offers a progressive and growing EMS service with a diverse coverage area. The Longwood Fire Company responds to a moderate call volume, various special events, large gatherings, and sporting events. Full Time position of Day work 0800-2000hrs on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule. Per Diem positions of a rotating as needed basis. You would be providing coverage on a MICU, BLS unit, and for various Stand-by events.
Minimum position requirements for Paramedic and EMT are as follows:
• EDUCATION: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
• AGE: Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
• EXPERIENCE: Preferred minimum of 3 years experience as a Paramedic/EMT professional. 2 years of 911 EMS experience recommended. Firefighting/Rescue experience and formal training is preferred but not required.
I. EMT-P: ACLS, PALS, Valid Driver’s License, EVOC, EMSVO, BTLS (preferred), CPR, Haz-Mat awareness, NIMS (100, 200, 700). NREMT-P preferred
II. EMT-B: Valid Driver’s License, EVOC, EMSVO, BTLS (preferred), CPR, Haz-Mat awareness, NIMS (100, 200, 700). NREMT-B preferred
1. Demonstrated evidence of proficiency in the required ALS/BLS skills. Must have thorough current knowledge of medical/traumatic assessments, treatment and protocols.
2. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with fellow employees, hospital staffs, ALS units, fire units, rescue squads, police departments, communication centers, management, QRS service, neighboring BLS units and the general public.
3. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must be able to handle conflict situations with good judgment, and professionalism.
Full Time position will include a competitive benefits package (Health, Dental, Disability), paid time off (vacation, personal and sick time), and holiday bonus pay. 403B retirement & supplemental insurance are also available. Paid training for pertinent con-ed courses and uniforms are included.
Interested persons should send a resume including a letter of intent to the attention of Matt Eick, EMS Lieutenant at EMS@longwoodfireco.com.