Due to COVID 19 we have had a very difficulty time obtaining supplies to keep us safe during this Pandemic. Our Fire and EMS crews are working around the clock and being exposed to suspected cases of this Virus. In order to be able to continue to provide service we have to maintain enough supplies. Thanks to an idea from the community to Kennett Township they have coordinated a PPE Drive to help the Kennett Region which includes us here at Longwood Fire Company. The donated items from this drive will also support Kennett Fire Company, Po-Mar-Lin Fire Company and the Police Departments in our region. If you have any extra or unused supplies please consider donating them. In addition to the cleaning and safety supplies we will accept donation of food and snacks to let the first responders know that the community is supporting them.
Here are some things we can use:
- N95, Surgical, and/or dust/constructions masks in the original packing
- Disinfectant spray cleaner and/or wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand Soap
- Ziplock Bags (quart or gallon size) to store PPE kits in vehicles and bags
- Square Food Storage Containers (1.25 QT/3.5" deep)
* We are forced to reuse N95 masks due to low supply so we store them in these containers to prevent cross contamination*
- Welch Allyn SureTemp 690 Thermometer Probe Covers
- Medical Gowns/Painting suits
- Bottled Driving Water/Gatorade/Soda
- Food and Snacks
Donations can be dropped off to our station. Items should be brought to the Red door next to the picnic table in the rear parking lot. Our station is not open to the public to prevent exposure to the staff. We can get the items from you outside in the parking lot of they can be left in the available plastic bins. Please leave us your name and contact info with the donation. If you choose we can provide a thank you receipt for taxes. We are extremely thankful for the support we have received already. We thank everyone else in advance for their donations. We will all get through this together. Please remember to frequently wash your hands and practice social distancing so you are not exposed to the virus.